Bilger's Rocks

 Here's a place I checked out on the way to Ashville that I want to take you girls to see: Bilger's Rocks.

 

As you can see from the map, it's located pretty much due north of us less than an hour and a half. That makes it an easy day trip. But there's something really cool: There's camping there!

The carved tree made me think of the carvings I saw so often in Korea. There's also some sort of stage there for activities. We can look into it more when we get back together.

Here's a camping spot. You can see the picnic table. There are plenty of suitable hammock trees and plenty of room to pitch a tent.

Here's the first cool thing: Rock House. The sign says "In Honor of Roland Welker Alone Season #7 Winner; 100 Day King.

Here's a video look. Pretty cool, huh? The next video was too big to upload on Blogger so I put it on YouTube:


The trails are easy and beautiful:


Then there's a beautiful quiet little creek:


The lovely scenery:

More beautiful rock formations:

Majestic!

My first trek between giant rock formations:


The beautiful trees growing on the rocks: 

And a walk to the creek and a perfect picnic spot:


Here's the entrance to the best rocks of all, that I got to at the end of the visit:


So here I start the walking tour!








And my last video of wandering through the beautiful rocks. Hoping we can go there soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging Bridge/Ghost Town